Is our smallest water softener so it contains a smaller amount of resin. This means it will need to be regenerated more often than our larger softeners. Using the hard water test kit (included) will help you determine when regeneration will need to be performed. If you’d like a larger version of the Mini Stick so you won’t need to regenerate as often, please see our “Portable RV Water Softener”. The Mini Stick and the RV Stick are the same other than the size and therefore the volume of resin inside. The RV Stick is 4 times larger than the Mini Stick so because it has 4 times more resin, it will last 4 times longer before needing to be regenerated.
HOW IT WORKS:
The resin beads inside the WaterStick soften water through a process called “ion exchange”. The resin beads attract hard water minerals such as calcium and magnesium. As the minerals pass over the resin beads they stick to the surface of the beads which traps them inside the WaterStick. After the resin beads collect all the minerals they can hold, the resin needs to be regenerated. This will flush out the hard water minerals the resin has collected.
- WaterStick body with softening resin inside
- Standard male and female water hose connection fittings
- Cap and plug for the ends to use for water tight storage between uses
- Hard water test kit
- Filling water containers to be used during camping trips to wash hair and hands, etc.
- In a humidifier
- In a carpet cleaning machine
- In an espresso or cappuccino machine
- In a spa or jacuzzi
- In an aquarium
- In patio misters
- For bathing dogs or other animals – can easily be hooked up to a utility sink or garden hose – please see the shower hose, head and 1/2″ close nipple fitting on our Parts & Accessories page.
- Note: The Mini Stick is not designed for use in a shower. For soft water in your shower, please visit our ShowerStick page
- SIZE: Made with 2” PVC pipe and is 3″ in diameter (with end couplings) x 27″ long
- WEIGHT: Approximately 4.5lbs when full of water
- LIFESPAN: The life of the resin is up to 10 years with proper regenerations and maintenance
- GPM: 4.5 GPM continuous flow with normal water pressure
- Prevents ugly hard water build-up
- Alleviates dry skin, dry and frizzy hair and itchy scalp
- Detergents, hand soaps and shampoos will produce more suds
- No expensive chemicals, filters or cartridges to replace
- Quick and easy to regenerate
- Made of non corrosive materials
- Because you’re pouring all the salt and all the water for the regeneration process into the WaterStick and shaking it up for a thorough mixing of the salt with the resin and letting it flow through, you don’t have to remember to return in 20 minutes as with other portable water softeners to turn the water off. With those softeners, if you forget to turn the water off, you are then filling that water softener with minerals and depleting its capacity. If the water runs long enough, you’ll have hard water again and will have to regenerate it once more
- Costs far less than other systems on the market while delivering the same soft water
- Periodically shake up the resin inside to loosen it up
- Periodically switch the inlet and outlet ends
- Cap off the ends when not in use to keep the resin from drying out which will end its life (comes with a cap and plug for the ends)
- Store your WaterStick somewhere where it won’t freeze