KDF Shower Water Filter
WANT TO LEARN THE TRUTH ABOUT SHOWER HEAD FILTERS?
PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ THIS BECAUSE IT COULD END UP SAVING YOU A LOT OF MONEY AND FRUSTRATION!
Our shower filter contains 100% KDF 55 media. Using a filter that contains KDF 55 media is the most effective way to remove chlorine in hot shower water temperatures. Tests have proven that carbon shower filters do not perform well in hot shower water temperatures, only in cold. And our KDF 55 media shower filter is effective for one year, unlike most other shower filters that need to be replaced every 6 months. Plus, unlike most shower filters, ours is made in the USA!
PLEASE BEWARE of other shower filters such as those that contain “stages”. For example, those that contain 12-stages might contain KDF 55 media but since they also contain 11 other items, there’s therefore only 1/12th the amount of KDF 55 media as ours has. How long can that tiny of an amount of KDF 55 media filter chlorine? Most likely, around 1/12th as long as ours – one month! And what exactly are the other 11 items? Do they really do anything to filter chlorine or anything else from your water? Chances are that the company who sells them doesn’t even know. And they might not even show a list of everything included in the 12 stages or an explanation of what they do! They’ve found a way to attract buyers with a clever (but not so honest) marketing technique (stages) to try to make their filter stand out from the others. But is having more “stages” really going to do a better job? And in that tiny of an amount of each item? Having 100% KDF 55 media inside the chamber of a shower filter is the very best way to filter chlorine (and other contaminants shown below) in a shower. KDF 55 media received NSF International Certification and is certified by NSF to NSF/ANSI Standard 42 – Drinking Water Treatment Units – Aesthetic Effects. This media is also in compliance with California’s Health and Safety Code Section 166875 (or commonly known as AB1953) and Vermont Act 193. For more information, please visit the website for KDF Process Media then click on “Products” > “Our Products”.
Also, BEWARE of false and misleading claims made by several online sellers of Shower Water Filters (made with KDF media, carbon, or anything else) that they “soften” water. THEY DO NOT SOFTEN WATER! SOFTENING THE WATER REQUIRES THE REMOVAL OF CALCIUM AND MAGNESIUM which a shower FILTER is not capable of doing (see for yourself by using a hard water test kit). A shower “filter” mainly removes chlorine which is why so many people who try using shower filters alone don’t get the results they were hoping for with their skin and hair. To obtain soft water in a shower you need to use a SOFTENER such as a whole house water softener or the portable ShowerStick shower water softener made by WaterSticks (that’s us)! Our ShowerStick contains resin beads (as a whole house softener does) that work via Ion Exchange to remove hard water minerals. So, if you have skin conditions such as psoriasis or eczema (also known as dermatitis) or just very dry skin and/or hair you’ll most likely see better results when you soften the water than when you only remove chlorine. And you’ll see the best results when you soften AND filter the water. This is the reason we recommend installing the KDF filter in-line with the ShowerStick softener (note: the water should flow through the filter first to filter and protect the softening resin inside the ShowerStick from chlorine).
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- Effectively removes 95-99% of chlorine and controls the buildup of microorganisms such as bacteria, algae, fungi and mold.
- Replace yearly (if 2 people are using the shower).
- Installs in minutes, with no tools on any shower arm with standard 1/2″ pipe threads.
- For best results, flow should not exceed 2.5 GPM at 60 psi.
- 4″ long, 3″ in diameter.
- Can be installed in-line with the ShowerStick or by itself between your shower pipe and shower head.
- Chlorine dries out the protective oils found in your skin and hair. That’s why a long swim in a chlorinated pool dries your skin and damages your hair. And chlorine vaporizes quickly in a hot shower, so you end up breathing chlorine gas, which isn’t good for anyone, especially people who suffer with asthma. According to Rutgers University, “We take in as much or more chemicals from showering as from drinking water…”
- Check out our Blog page. Does a shower water “filter” really soften water?