SALES AND USE TAX POLICY STATEMENT
We have prepared this sales tax policy statement to explain to you when and why we collect sales tax on your purchases.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Even if we do not collect sales tax from you, you may owe sales tax on your purchase. Unless you live in Alaska, Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire, or Oregon, your state most likely requires purchasers to report and pay tax on all purchases that are not taxed at the time of sale. The tax may be reported and paid on your individual income tax return or by filing a consumer use tax return. For more information, please visit your state’s department of revenue website.
WATERSTICKS Inc. COLLECTS SALES TAX in states where we have physical presence (or nexus), including California. We collect the state tax portion and you are responsible for district taxes.
How we use collected information: WaterSticks Inc. collects and uses Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service
- Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs
- To improve our Site
- We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you
- To administer a content, promotion, survey or other Site feature
- To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them
- To send periodic emails
The email address Users provide for order processing, will only be used to send them information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, and/or other requests or questions. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or User may contact us via our Site.
How we protect your information: We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site. Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
Third party websites: Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Your acceptance of these terms: By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy and terms of service. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY:
WATERSTICKS is not responsible or financially liable for any water damage, property damage, or personal injury, direct or indirect, that may occur from normal and correct use of the products we sell, catastrophic failure of the products we sell, failure to properly connect the units to the water supply lines, and/or failure to understand and observe the proper water pressure ratings and requirements for these units. Use, install, and monitor all of our products solely at your own risk. Do not expose any of these units to freezing temperatures or expose them to air for an extended period of time during non-use.
- In all circumstances, WATERSTICKS’ maximum liability is limited to the purchase price of the product(s) sold.
- WATERSTICKS has no liability toward any plumbing fees or bills nor any or all plumbing work and connecting these units to the water supply is done at your own risk.
- WATERSTICKS is not responsible for any leaks or water damage.
- For all WATERSTICKS products, determination of product suitability, application use of the product, and the fitness of a product for a particular purpose is the sole responsibility of the buyer.