The “ShowerStick” by WaterSticks – Installation Instructions
Note: All male fittings are wrapped with plumber’s tape. If it has come unraveled, wind it back around the fitting prior to installation to ensure a good seal without leakage.
Note: Please watch our ShowerStick Installation Video for helpful step-by-step visual instructions: https://watersticks.com/videos/
1. Remove your old shower head with your hands (or with pliers if it’s too tightly attached) by turning it counterclockwise. If using pliers, wrap a rag around the shower pipe to protect the finish. Clean the pipe’s threads by removing all old plumber’s tape and wiping them clean with a rag. Inspect them closely to be sure they aren’t smashed down or damaged from tools (this part is important – please contact us with any questions). Then apply new plumber’s tape (included) to them 4-5 times around to avoid leakage.
2. We attached the ANGLE CONNECTOR to the SHOWER ARM MOUNT (“MOUNT”). Remove the tape from the MOUNT, push the black rubber washer up inside it then attach it to the shower pipe by hand (no tools) and just snug – over tightening will break the fitting. (Note: the mount should not be taken apart at the center joint, but it can be loosened at that joint in order to angle it how you want it for your shower head. Be sure to re-tighten the center joint if you’ve loosened it.)
NOTE: If you purchased the optional OFFSET CONNECTOR or KDF FILTER, see the next page.
3. Screw the SHOWERSTICK BODY (with the WaterStick label at the top) into the bottom of the ANGLE CONNECTOR (by hand and just snug) so the regeneration port is facing you or facing to the side where you get into the shower.
4. Take one end of the SHOWER HOSE, push the black rubber washer up inside so it’s flat then attach it to the bottom of the SHOWERSTICK BODY hand tight only (it won’t screw all the way up the threads).
5. Hold the other end of the SHOWER HOSE so it’s facing down towards the drain then turn the water on and let it run for one minute. Be sure the black rubber washer is pushed up inside the end of the hose and is flat then attach the SHOWER HEAD to it. (Note: if you purchased the optional FLOW CONTROL SHOWER VALVE, install it between the SHOWER HOSE and SHOWER HEAD). Place the SHOWER HEAD in the MOUNT.
6. Attach the white REGENERATION CAP to the regeneration port (above the WaterSticks label).