The “ShowerStick” by WaterSticks – Instructions
Note: All male fittings are wrapped with plumber’s tape. If it has come unraveled, wind it back around the fitting prior to installation to ensure a good seal without leakage.
1. (Reference diagram to right.) Remove your shower head turning it counterclockwise while holding the shower wall pipe with pliers. To protect the finish, wrap a rag around the shower pipe. Clean off threads then apply plumber’s tape (included) to the threads on the SHOWER PIPE to avoid leakage.
2. Make sure the black rubber washer is inside the female end of the SHOWER ARM MOUNT & the center joint is tightened then screw it onto the shower pipe by hand (no tools) and just snug. Over tightening will break the fitting and breakage is not covered by the warranty. (Note: the mount should never be taken apart but the center joint can be loosened in order to angle the mount how you want it for your shower head. *Be sure to re-tighten the center joint.)
NOTE: If you purchased the optional OFFSET CONNECTOR, see instructions on back page.
3. Make sure the plumber’s tape is still securely wrapped around the male threads of the KDF FILTER. Screw that end of the KDF FILTER into the ANGLE CONNECTOR by hand (no tools) and barely snug (OVER TIGHTENING WILL BREAK OFF THE THREADS AND BREAKAGE IS NOT COVERED BY THE WARRANTY). Set the blue ring on the filter to the current month so you’ll know when to replace the filter the following year.
NOTE: If you purchased the optional FLOW CONTROL VALVE, see instructions on back page.
4. Make sure the black rubber washer is pushed up inside the bottom end (female end) of the KDF FILTER and is flat. Screw the SHOWERSTICK BODY (with the WaterStick label at the top) into the bottom of the KDF FILTER (female end) by hand and just snug.
5. Screw the end of the SHOWER HOSE with the grey 1/2” close nipple screwed inside it into the bottom of the SHOWERSTICK BODY hand tight only (it won’t screw all the way up the threads).
6. Insert the loose black rubber washer into the other end of the SHOWER HOSE and screw the SHOWER HEAD into that end of the hose hand tight only.
7. Attach the white REGENERATION CAP to the regeneration port (above the WaterStick label).
8. Prior to first use, run water through the ShowerStick for a few minutes to flush the resin bed of the ‘color throw’ (brownish-red) on the resin beads from the manufacturing process.