The “ShowerStick” by WaterSticks – Installation Instructions
Note: All male fittings are wrapped with plumber’s tape. If it has come unraveled, wind it back around the fitting prior to installation to ensure a good seal without leakage.
1. Remove your old shower head with your hands (or with pliers if it’s too tightly attached) by turning it counterclockwise. If using pliers, wrap a rag around the shower pipe to protect the finish. Remove old plumber’s tape from the shower pipe threads and use a rag to wipe the threads clean. Then apply new plumber’s tape (included) to the threads to avoid leakage.
2. You’ll see that we’ve attached the ANGLE CONNECTOR to the SHOWER ARM MOUNT (“MOUNT”). Remove the tape from the MOUNT, push the washer up inside then attach it to the shower pipe by hand (no tools) and just snug – over tightening will break the fitting. (Note: the mount should not be taken apart at the center joint but it can be loosened in order to angle it how you want it for your shower head. Be sure to re-tighten the center joint if you’ve loosened it.)
NOTE: If you purchased the optional OFFSET CONNECTOR, KDF FILTER or FLOW CONTROL VALVE, see next page.
3. Screw the SHOWERSTICK BODY (with the WaterStick label at the top) into the bottom of the ANGLE CONNECTOR (by hand and just snug) so the regeneration port is facing you.
4. Screw the end of the SHOWER HOSE with the grey 1/2” close nipple screwed inside it into the bottom of the SHOWERSTICK BODY hand tight only (it won’t screw all the way up the threads).
5. The other end of the SHOWER HOSE has a black washer taped inside. Remove the tape, push the washer up inside then attach the SHOWER HEAD (hand tight only). Place the SHOWER HEAD in the MOUNT.
6. Attach the white REGENERATION CAP to the regeneration port (above the WaterStick label).
7. Prior to first use, run water through the ShowerStick for a few minutes to flush the softening resin of the ‘color throw’ (brownish-red) on the resin beads from the manufacturing process.